Hotmail (now Outlook) is the world’s oldest emailing service launched in 1996 by Sabeer Bhatia. www.Hotmail.com gained huge popularity as it was one of the first emailing services with user friendly interface. Hotmail still exists but you need to access it via Outlook.com. In this article, you’ll find all the necessary information about Hotmail account, how you can create or login to Hotmail account, troubleshooting account and more.To use Hotmail, you need to have an account first. By creating a Hotmail.com account you can also use other services provided by Microsoft such as Skype, OneDrive, Office 365, etc.
Create www.Hotmail.com Account
Creating an account for Hotmail is easy and it takes only few minutes, follow the steps below if you’re doing it for the first time.
- Go to https://signup.live.com/?lic=1 using any device.
- Enter your username in the field which will be your Hotmail email address, choose @hotmail.com prefix with your username. and click “Next”.
- Create a password for your account and make sure to create a strong one. (Passwords fields are case sensitive), and then click “Next”.
- Enter your first and last name and fill out other details and then click on “Sign up”.
- Enter your recovery email address and phone number and verify them, if needed.
- If you have completed all these steps correctly, your account will be created and ready to use.
After creating your account it’s time to login to it. If you don’t know how to login to Hotmail account, follow these simple steps below.
Hotmail Sign in on Desktop
- Go to https://outlook.live.com/owa/ and click on the white “Sign in” button on the top right of the page.
- Enter your username (Email address) in the field and click on “Next”.
- Enter the password for your account in the next field and click on “Sign in”.
- That’s it! You’re now logged in to your Hotmail account on desktop and you can now send/receive emails and also use other services by Microsoft.
Hotmail Login on Mobile Devices / Tablets
- Install the latest version of Outlook Application from the PlayStore or App Store.
- Once it is downloaded and installed, open the application.
- It will ask you for your Hotmail account details, enter your email address and password and then click on “Login”.
- You will be then logged in to your Hotmail account on your mobile device / tablet and now you can use it via Application. You can also install other applications by Microsoft on your mobile phone and you will be automatically logged in.
Note: Your Hotmail account on your mobile phone remains logged in, until you log out of it manually.
Can’t Sign in to Hotmail?
If you can’t sign in to your www.Hotmail.com account, make sure:
- The email address is spelled correctly.
- Make sure that you’ve entered the correct password.
- Check if your CapsLock is on (Passwords fields are case sensitive).
- Check if your device have an active internet connection.
- If you still can’t log in, use the Hotmail.com account troubleshooter.
What to do if your Hotmail account is blocked?
If Hotmail noticed some unusual sign-in activity on your account, they might block your account temporarily. You can contact Hotmail support and ask them to unlock your account. Tell them complete report why your account was blocked, after the investigation is complete you will be able to login to your Hotmail account and use it again.
How to stop signing in automatically on Hotmail?
If Hotmail.com or Outlook automatically signs you in, you can turn it off, follow these steps below to turn off automatic sign in:
- Go for Outlook, at the top of the screen select your account name with the picture.
- Then click on “Sign out”.
- Go to the Hotmail.com or Outlook.com sign-in page and enter your account details again.
- This time, untick the option that says “Keep me signed in” and then click on “Sign in” button.
- Now your account will no longer be signed in automatically on the device.
How to Change your password on Hotmail.com?
To change your Hotmail Account password, follow these steps.
- Go to Microsoft.com and click on Password security in Microsoft account security.
- As a security measure, you might be asked to use a security code to prove who you are. You have to decide whether you want to get the security code by phone or email.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the last four numbers of your phone number or email address. Once you’ve done that, click Send code.
- You’ll receive a security code on your email or phone number. Enter that code and click “Submit.”
- After this, you will be redirected to a page where you can create a new password for your account.
Additional Tip: Sometimes If you can’t get the code by phone or email that you provided then the email you provided might be able different from the one you’re trying to recover. Go to the page called “Recover your account” and do what it says.
Where do I find Hotmail Login page?
Hotmail was rebranded as Outlook.com, all users with the old email addresses can now use Hotmail account via Outlook.com. Go to https://outlook.live.com/owa/ and login to your hotmail account. All Hotmail accounts data is secure and still accessible using Outlook.com.
How to add Signature in Hotmail?
Follow the easy steps below to add a signature in Hotmail.
- Log in to your Hotmail account using your email address and password.
- Click on the gear icon located on the top right corner of the screen. This will open a drop-down menu.
- Click on “Options” from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Options,” click on “Email signature.”
- In the email signature section, type in the text you want to include in your signature. You can format the text by using the options provided such as font, size, and color.
- You can also add images or links to your signature. To add an image, click on the “Insert Image” icon and select the image from your computer. To add a link, select the text you want to link and click on the “Insert Link” icon.
- Once you have created your signature, click on “Save” to apply the changes.
Set up Hotmail Two-Step Verification
To set up two-step verification in your Hotmail account, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Hotmail account.
- Click on the “Security” tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the “Two-step verification” section and click on “Set up two-step verification”.
- You will be asked to verify your identity by entering your phone number and then clicking “Send code”.
- A verification code will be sent to your phone number. Enter the code into the box on the page and click “Verify”.
- Once your phone number has been verified, you will be asked to choose how you want to receive your security codes. You can choose to receive them by text message, phone call, or through the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Once you’ve chosen your preferred method, click “Next” and then follow the prompts to set up your two-step verification.
- You will be asked to enter a backup phone number in case you lose access to your primary phone number.
- Finally, click “Finish” to complete the setup process.
Hotmail.com Email Not Sending
To resolve this issue, you must checking the following.
- Check your email account for any notifications or alerts regarding the sending of emails. This may indicate that you have reached your sending limit.
- Double-check the recipient’s email address to ensure that it is correct.
- If the email contains large attachments, try removing them or sending them in smaller batches.
- Check your email account settings to ensure that they are properly configured.
Hotmail still exists but it can be accessible from Outlook.com. In the above article we have summed up all basic questions and their answers about Hotmail, how to create www.Hotmail.com account, how to login to your account and how to change passwords. How to troubleshoot if your account gets blocked or inaccessible and how to secure your account using two step verification.
MARY Reinholdt says
I haven’t been able to log into my hotmail outlook account for three days.
How do I know if they’ve blocked me? I have internet.
Gail Ostendorf says
My hotmail account no longer forwards messages.